☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
15 ozcan chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 tspdried basil, divided
1/2 mediumonion, minced
1 cparmesan cheese, divided
15 ozricotta cheese
2 cmozzarella, low-fat, shredded
1 pkgspinach, frozen (10 ounce package), thought and squeezed
1/2 tspbasil and oregano, dried, or to taste
How to Make Spinach and Eggplant "Lasagna "
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice the eggplant lengthwise approximately 1/4 inch thick and broil on a greased tray until brown on one side.
- While the eggplant is cooking, simmer the tomatoes with 1 teaspoon basil and the minced onion on low.
- In a roomy bowl, mix together 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the ricotta, egg and 1/2 teaspoon basil. Roughly divide mixture into 3 parts.
- Assemble lasagna in a 9" x 13" pan starting with 1/4 of the tomato sauce, then 1/3 of the eggplant and 1/3 of the ricotta mixture.
- Repeat this for the next layer. Use the rest of the eggplant, and all the spinach and one third of the mozzarella as the next layer.
- Next, top with ricotta mix, the remaining tomato sauce, basil and oregano.
- The final layer is the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and the rest of the mozzarella. Bake uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with a crispy green salad for healthy meal.