Southern Scalloped Oysters
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cminced onion
3/4 tspcelery salt
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 tsplemon juice
2 ccrushed saltine crumbs
1 Tbspdried parsley flakes
2 jar(s)(12-oz. each) fresh oysters (small or medium)
1 chalf and half
How to Make Southern Scalloped Oysters
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until tender. Remove from heat and stir in celery salt, cayenne, Worcestershire and lemon juice.
- Combine saltine crumbs and parsley in a bowl.
- Drain oysters, reserving 1/3 cup liquor.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup saltine mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish; layer half the oysters and half the remaining crumbs. Drizzle with half the butter and onion mixture. Repeat layers.
- Combine eggs, half and half and reserved oyster liquor; mix well. Pour over oyster layers,
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until set.