Low carb, sloppy joe-stuffed peppers
- 3 large
- bell peppers, i used 1 of each color..1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow
- 1 lb
- lean ground turkey, ( or beef.)
- 15 oz can sloppy joe sauce
- 1/2 c
- or more to your liking, shredded italian-style cheese
- green onions, chopped for garnish
How to Make Low carb, sloppy joe-stuffed peppers
- 1Cut each bell pepper in half and clean out the inside of any membrane and seeds. Spray a lg baking sheet w/ cooking spray. Place pepper halves on cookie sheet.
- 2Set oven at 400. Spray a lg skillet w/ cooking spray and place over med-high heat. Cook ground turkey, ( or beef,) until no longer pink. Add sloppy joe sauce.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened. Spoon mix into pepper halves. Cover lightly w/ foil. Bake 10 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle w/ cheese. Bake 5 mins more or until cheese melts. Sprinkle w/ green onions. Serve!