Chicken Pot Pie
I usually have leftover cut up rotisserie chicken in the freezer, which cuts down the preparation time and is so delicious! Be sure to take out any fat and tendons.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cwhite or yellow onion, chopped
1 ccelery chopped
1 ccarrots, chopped
1 cpotatoes, chopped
1/3 cbutter, melted
2 cchicken broth
4 ccooked chicken, chopped
1 boxpillsbury pie dough, or make your own
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie
- Saute onion, celery, carrots, and potatoes in butter for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, stirring well. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Combine broth and milk. Gradually add to the vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it is thick and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir well.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 pan which has been sprayed with Pam. Top with pastry crust. I overlap the two round pie dough sheets, then tuck in the extra dough around the edges, or cut off the excess.
Cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.