1 lbground buffalo a.k.a.bison
1/2 coatmeal, uncooked
1/2 tsppepper (i use fresh cracked)
1/4 tspmarmite (optional)
1 Tbsponion, minced
1 Tbspdried parsley
1/2 cbeef broth, reduced sodium
1/2 tspunflavored gelatin
1 clovegarlic, minced
How to Make Bison Burgers
- Dissolve gelatin into beef broth. Whisk in Marmite. Let sit for five minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine bison, oatmeal, salt, pepper, minced onion, garlic and parsley.
- Pour gelatin mixture over meat. Stir to mix well. Shape into four burgers.
- Set oven to broil. Place burgers on foil-lined broiler pan.
Broil 7 minutes per side.
- Notes: Marmite is a yeast extract from Australia. When used with beef/bison, it amps up the flavor.
You can substitute one egg for the beef broth/gelatin mixture.
I like to serve these topped with Swiss cheese and caramelized onions.