Betty's Burger Patties - Aussie Style
·2 pounds ground beef (minced beef) not diet!
·1 large onion, diced fine
·1 teaspoon of oil
·2 teaspoons mixed herbs
·1 cup bread crumbs
·2 tablespoons bbq sauce - your favourite
·1 teaspoon minced garlic
How to Make Betty's Burger Patties - Aussie Style
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for 2 minutes - enough to take away the rawness and just cook through.
- Place all the ingredients (including the cooked onion) in a large bowl and use your hands to mix well.
- Form into 10-12 equal sized patties. Place on a large plate. Cover and pop in the fridge for at least 1 hour or over night.
- Cook patties on a hot grill, BBQ or griddle plate. Only turn once and DON'T press down with a spatula.
- Serve inside your favourite burger.