Zürcher Geschnetzeltes - Zurich Style Diced Veal
'Winter In The Alps - Food by the Fireside' by Manuela Darling-Gansser.
This recipe is a creamy, rich, delicious meal perfect on a wintery evening with a glass of red wine.
1kg veal back strap sliced into strips
·2-3 tbsp plain flour
50 gunsalted butter
2tbsp virgin olive oil
1onion, finely sliced
2cloves of garlic finely sliced
15fresh sage leaves chopped
200 gswiss brown mushrooms thickly sliced
250ml dry white wine
How to Make Zürcher Geschnetzeltes - Zurich Style Diced Veal
- Coat the meat in flour. Heat half of the oil and butter in a frying pan and once the butter foams add the meat and brown it quickly. Place the meat on a plate and put to the side.
- Add the rest of the butter and oil to the pan and saute the onion, garlic and sage. After a few minutes add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes after they have started to soften.
- Add the wine to de-glaze the bottom of the pan, then add back in the veal and cook, stirring until the wine has evaporated. Turn down the heat to low and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and at the last moment add in the delicious cream, allowing to bubble for two minutes.
- Remove from the heat, serve, enjoy and be merry!