Zürcher Geschnetzeltes - Zurich Style Diced Veal
'Winter In The Alps - Food by the Fireside' by Manuela Darling-Gansser.
This recipe is a creamy, rich, delicious meal perfect on a wintery evening with a glass of red wine.
- kg veal back strap sliced into strips
- 2-3 tbsp plain flour
- 50 g
- unsalted butter
- tbsp virgin olive oil
- onion, finely sliced
- cloves of garlic finely sliced
- fresh sage leaves chopped
- 200 g
- swiss brown mushrooms thickly sliced
- ml dry white wine
- ml cream
How to Make Zürcher Geschnetzeltes - Zurich Style Diced Veal
- 1Coat the meat in flour. Heat half of the oil and butter in a frying pan and once the butter foams add the meat and brown it quickly. Place the meat on a plate and put to the side.
- 2Add the rest of the butter and oil to the pan and saute the onion, garlic and sage. After a few minutes add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes after they have started to soften.
- 3Add the wine to de-glaze the bottom of the pan, then add back in the veal and cook, stirring until the wine has evaporated. Turn down the heat to low and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and at the last moment add in the delicious cream, allowing to bubble for two minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat, serve, enjoy and be merry!