Yupper Opening Day Pasties
- 1 pkg
- packaged pie crust in the dairy isle (long thin box with two pie shells)
- 1 lb
- 1 small
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- (shakes) worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c
- 4 medium
- brown skinned potatoes
- 1 c
- carrots (optional) would be added to cook with other veggies
How to Make Yupper Opening Day Pasties
- 1Cut potatoes into four and peal rutabaga then cut into same size pieces
Pull the pastry (pie)sheets from the fridge to warm up.
Boil the potatoes and rutabaga until done drain and set aside to cool. once cool you can easily remove peels from the potatoes. Then chop into bite sized pieces.
- 2Brown hamburger with onion and garlic.
Add the potato mixture to the hamburger mix,and cook together a few minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and mix well
- 3Unravel the pie shells (2) and cut each in half. fill with 1/4 of mixture on one side and fold over and seal shut by crimping edges.
- 4Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden brown.
can serve with or without gravy.