yummy spicy sheppards pie
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 4 slice
- 1 can(s)
- rotel habanero tomatos, or mild if you like less spicy
- 1 pkg
- of cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 c
- mixed vegetables, frozen. your fav i like peas corn carrots and green bean
- 1 pkg
- mushroom gravy
- 6-7 medium
- 1 3/4 Tbsp
- butter for potatoes
How to Make yummy spicy sheppards pie
- 1start by browning your beef. add your fav spices. i like pepper season salt and some italian seasoning. cover loosely and let cook at a medium heat. start your water for the potatoes. i leave the skins on so i just wash and cut the potatoes into wedges and put into boiling water. keep an eye on beef and stir to mix flavor. preheat oven to 350
- 2when the beef is cooked add the can of tomatoes. stir in well. drop the heat to a simmer. and cover loosely. potatoes should be ready now. drain and add butter and milk if desired. to taste. mix till well blended.
- 3your beef mix should be ready. i use a square cast iron skillet so i simply push the meat to one side and place the bread on the skillet. place the other two pieces on the other side under the meat. get you frozen veggies out of the freezer and put directly on the meat. you want enouph to form a decent layer over the meat. then layer on your potatoes. a nice quarter inch layer is perfect.
- 4place into the oven. you want to cook for about 20 min or until the potatoes get a delicate browning over the top. while that is cooking prepare your gravy. i usually have too add a dash of flour to thicken a bit.
- 5when the potatoes are nicely browned add a nice layer of cheese. you want to cover the top really well. put back into the oven till cheese is melted. usually about 10 minuets. take out of the oven and let sit until palatable. cut into desired piece size and serve with a side dish of gravy to be dipped or dumped. enjoy