VIRGIL'S TENDERLOIN TIPS
8 ozbeef tenderloin, cut into 1" cubes
1 cburgundy divided
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
4 ozbutton mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 smallonion thinly sliced
1 tspfrench seasoning
1/2 cbeef stock
1/4 -1/2 tspsalt to taste
1/4 - 1/2 tspground pepper to taste
How to Make VIRGIL'S TENDERLOIN TIPS
- Marinate the beef for 1 hour in 1/3 cup of the wine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until golden about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add the beef and remaining wine and cook until the wine has reduced by half.
- In a bowl combine the French seasoning, cornstarch, beef stock, salt and pepper and stir vigorously to blend. Reduce heat to medium - low and pour slowly into the pan, stirring frequently until sauce thickens about 2 -3 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a salad.