- 4 lb
- ground beef or meat loaf mix of beef, pork and veal
- 2 large
- onions chopped
- 1 pkg
- envelope onion mix (the kind you use for making a dip)
- 1 c
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 or 2
- green sweet peppers chopped
- 1 pkg
- brown gravy mix
How to Make Uncle Ray's Meatloaf
- 1Mix together the first 6 ingredients until evenly mixed, don't over do it as it will make the ground beef tough.
Shape like a loaf of bread and place on a large baking dish or cookie sheet. I like to use foil that is sprayed with Pam, and leave the sides of the loaf uncovered and not touching the sides of a dish.
- 2Mix the gravy according to the directions on the package.
Punch a hole in the center of the loaf and add the gravy in the hole. Cover lightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. For the last 1/2 hour uncover the top and let brown but not to crispy. (unless you like crispy.)
- 3I like to serve this with sour cream mash potatoes, stewed tomatoes and a salad,