Too Hot to Tot! Tater Tot Hot Dish
- 1 lb
- hamburger, ground italian sausage or ground turkey, or mixture
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium
- bell pepper (green, yellow or red, or combo) diced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 dash(es)
- each of onion powder and garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 pkg
- (32oz) tater tots, or enough to make one layer on top
- 1 can(s)
- (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup low sodium (condensed)
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- low fat sour cream
- 1/2 can(s)
- corn kernals, low sodium, drained (could also use canned green beans, low sodium)
- 1 dash(es)
- seasoned salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded colby jack cheese, or your favorite blend
- 1-2 dash(es)
- beef bouillon granuals----****change/addition****
How to Make Too Hot to Tot! Tater Tot Hot Dish
- 1Preheat oven to 350° F (175 degrees C).
- 2In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onions, peppers, garlic, onion and garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Drain excess fat, and season with a dash of seasoned salt and pepper to taste. Seasoned salt and pepper will also be used on top, so do not over season.
- 3In a small bowl, stir the soup and sour cream into the milk until smooth;***CHANGE (sprinkle a dash or so of beef bouillon into this and whisk to blend)*** pour into meat mixture to heat through. Spread the beef mixture evenly over the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle corn on top of the meat mixture and sprinkle half of the cheese. Arrange tater tots evenly on top and sprinkle a little seasoning salt and pepper on top of the tots. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top.
- 4Bake in preheated oven covered for 40 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook for an additional 10-15 min, until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown. Tots should be slightly crunchy.