Tomato Beef stir fry
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef sirloin tip cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp peanut or cooking oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger root or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1/4 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
- 6 green onions, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, cut in wedges
How to Make Tomato Beef stir fry
- 1Partially freeze beef slices; cut diagonally in 1/4 inch slices
- 2Combine cornstarch,1 Tbsp oil, soy sauce and pepper in a bowl. Add beef, toss to coat well.
- 3Let stand several hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- 4Drain and save marinade
- 5Heat ginger in remaining tablespoon of oil in a electric wok or skillet at 350 degrees F.
- 6Add beef and stir fry until brown, 5 to 6 minutes; push to one side, Add green pepper, mushrooms, and green onions.
- 7Cook until tender crisp about 2-3 minutes; push to one side.
- 8Add the tomatoes; cover and cook 2 minutes.
- 9Pour reserved marinade over meat; Cook and stir till thickened .
- 10Serves 4
- 11NOTE: Use two Woks if you are cooking Tomato Beef for more than four people. Push the browned meat and vegetables up the flared sides of the pan while remaining portions cook in the oil centered at the bottom
- 12I didn't have a wok the first time I made this so I used an ordinary 10" fry pan with high sides and it worked just fine for 4 servings. I now have purchased a wok (not electric) . Will be using it instead of the frying pan