- 2 lb
- 80/20 ground chuck, at room temperature
- 3/4 lb
- spicy chorizo, with casings removed, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, ice cold, broken into small bits
- 2 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp
- black pepper, ground
- brioche slider buns, toasted [don't skimp--- get the best]
- slow-cooker crock pots
- tongs for the sliders & the fries
- ~plenty of spoons for adding condiments
- ~plenty of napkins
- ~kosher salt & pepper
- ~crispy bacon strips, cut into 2" pieces
- ~red onions, sliced into half-moons
- ~shredded lettuce & 1/2 tomato slices
- ~carmelized onions
- ~dill pickle slices
- ~sweet pickle relish
- ~your favorite steak sauce and bbq sauce
- ~heinz® ketchup, french's® classic yellow mustard, hellmann's® mayonnaise
- ~chipotle mayonnaise [you can get this recipe anywhere]
- ~small slices of sharp cheddar, pepper jack & swiss cheese
- ~crumbled blue cheese
- ~chili [use your favorite, but if you have time, make my coney island chili, it's amazing!]
- ~and, last but not least, french fries. [don't bother to make--- send someone out to get mcdonald's® or from your favorite steak house!]
THE ULTIMATE SLIDER
EVERYTHING ELSE YOU'LL NEED FOR YOUR SLIDER BAR
How to Make The Best, Damn Game Day Slider Bar. Ever!
- 1In a mixing bowl, using your hands, gently mix together the ground beef and chorizo. Then mix in the butter pieces. Lastly, carefully mix in the salt & pepper.
- 2Form into 2" wide by 1/2" patties. Refrigerate until 1 hour before guests arrive. Remove and let patties come to near room temperature.
- 3Heat cast iron skillet to medium high. For first round of cooking, you may need a tablespoon or two of canola oil.
- 4Place a few patties in the skillet. Don't overcrowd! They should not be touching! Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt & pepper. Let cook, without touching them, for 4 minutes on the first side. Flip and then cook for 3 to 4 minutes on the second side. Place in one of the slow-cookers that's been set on low; cover with lid.
- 5Repeat until all sliders are complete, keeping warm in the slow-cooker. The second cooker [set on low] is for the fries. To keep the potatoes from drying out, spray with a bit of cooking spray.
- 6Enjoy the food. Enjoy the game!
About The Best, Damn Game Day Slider Bar. Ever!
You May Also Like:
Show 1 Comment & Review