Thai Beef and Noodle Toss
1 largethin-cut flat iron steak
2 Tbspdiced green chilies
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 Tbspsesame oil
1 pkgbeef flavor (or other) instant ramen noodles
1 cbias cut carrots
1/2 cchopped green onions
1/2 ca1 thick & hearty steak sauce
1/4 cdry roasted unsalted peanuts
2 Tbspchopped parsley or cilantro
How to Make Thai Beef and Noodle Toss
- Cut beef steaks crosswise into 1" strips, then cut each strip in half.
- Toss beef, green chilies (I use canned) and garlic with 1 T. of the oil.
- Before opening the bag, break the noodles into four pieces. Reserve the seasoning packet. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, drain, rinse.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef mixture, in batches, for 30-60 seconds. Remove each batch from the pan and keep warm while cooking remaining batches.
- Cook and stir carrots and green onions in the remaining 1 T of oil in the same skillet, until tender.
- Stir in the cooked noodles, steak sauce, water, peanuts, and cilantro. Then sprinkle in the reserved seasoning packet, and stir to combine.
- Heat the mixture until hot through, stirring occasionally. Return the cooked beef mixture to the skillet. Toss lightly. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: This works great in a wok, if you have one.
There's no reason you couldn't make this meatless by using tofu instead of beef, and a different flavor noodles.
You could use leftover steak (who has leftover steak?!) in this recipe by simply cooking the jalapeno and garlic with the carrot and green onion, then tossing your beef in for the last few minutes, just enough for it to warm through.