Texas Hash- Connie's
Texas Hash has been around my family so long no one remembers where or when it started.
It's easy, I usually have all ingredients on hand, I can adjust ingredients, and it tastes good. My family loves loves it.
- 3 large
- onions, sliced
- red or green pepper, minced
- 3 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 1 lb
- ground chuck
- 1 large
- can tomatoes, squashed or diced tomatoes
- 3/4 c
- uncooked rice (can use 2 cups uncooked noodles)
- chili powder (to taste) - no more than 1 tsp.
- 2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
How to Make Texas Hash- Connie's
- 1Saute onions, green or red pepper in cooking oil until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Add ground chuck to pan and brown.
Important: Drain pan of all fat.
(You can see in my last picture where I needed to drain more in this step.)
- 4Stir mixture well.
- 7Remove cover and bake additional 15 minutes.