It is tasty, and it even gets tastier when you serve it the next day. It also freezes well.
1 lbground beef
3 largeonions, sliced (large onions are about 3 1/2 inches in diameter
1 largegreen pepper, chopped
1 lbcanned tomatoes (undrained)
1/2 cuncooked rice
1 to 2 tspchili powder
How to Make Texas Hash
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir beef until light brown. Drain off fat.
- Add onions and green pepper to the skillet. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomoatoes, rice, and chili powder, salt, and pepper. Heat through.
- Pour into ungreased two-quart casserole dish; cover and bake one hour.