- 2 pound bottom rump roast
- juice of 1 lemon
- cooking bag
- onions..thinly sliced
- baby carrots
- 2 medium
- potatoes..peeled & quartered
- stalks celery
- green pepper..chopped
- clove garlic..minced
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 tsp
- dry thyme
- 2 c
- tomatoe juice
How to Make Tender Pot Roast in a Bag
- 1Place beef in a shallow roasting pan.
Sprinkle beef with lemon juice and pierce with fork.
Cover & refrigerate until ready to roast.Preheat 350 degrees
- 2Prepare beef in cooking bag according to pkg. directions.
Return to pan.Arrange carrots,onions,&potatoes around beef.Top with celery and pepper.
- 3Sprinkle beef with mustard,garlic & thyme.
Pour tomato juice around beef in cooking bag.
Seal bag. Cut slits.
Roast for 1 hour or until very tender.
- 4Remove beef from bag.
Let stand,covered,5 minutes.
Arrange vegetables around beef on serving platter.