TENDER Eye of Round roast
The secret is in HOW it is cooked !!
Follow me through a few simple steps to enjoy a roast of unbelievable goodness.
To be any easier, the roast would have to jump into the oven by itself.
- 3 to 4 lb
- eye of round roast
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 clove
- garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp
- herbs of choice (optional)
How to Make TENDER Eye of Round roast
- 1Slice 6 cloves of peeled garlic in half. Make deep slits all around the meat and insert the garlic pieces into the slits on the beef. (Insert finger into slit to expand it to accept garlic).
- 2Rub surface of meat with olive or canola oil. Season roast with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you desire.
- 3Heat a cast iron deep skillet to screaming hot and sear meat on all sides. No oil needed except the oil used prior to seasoning. This is going to create a LOT of smoke. Turn on hood fan and/or open windows.
- 4Place roast, on a rack, in roasting pan or baking dish. DO NOT COVER or add liquid. Place in 500 degree oven and then immediately turn the heat down to 475 degrees.
- 5Roast at 475 for 7 to 8 minutes per pound. So with A 3 pound roast, it will be done in about 21 to 24 minutes.
- 6After prescribed roasting time, turn oven OFF and let roast sit in oven for 2-1/2 hours.
Do NOT open the door during this time.
- 7When 2-1/2 hours have elapsed, remove roast from oven, rest for 10 minutes covered loosely with foil, carve across the grain into thin slices.
- 8NOTE: The secret to this method of roasting is the high heat and prolonged time in a CLOSED oven with heat off.
It works like magic !! Believe me.