Tator Tot Casserole w/Bacon
I did not add salt ... enough "salty" flavor comes from the bacon.
- 3 lb
- ground beef
- 1 lb
- bacon, center cut
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1 can(s)
- campbell's cream of chicken soup with herbs
- 1 can(s)
- campbell's cream of mushroom soup with garlic
- 1 pkg
- mini tater tots
- cheddar or colby-jack cheese (shredded)
How to Make Tator Tot Casserole w/Bacon
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2Cut Bacon into small pieces.
In a Large Skillet - start to render to ALMOST crisp.
DO NOT DRAIN YET!
- 3Add the Hamburger to the bacon and grease.
Brown the hamburger and finish rendering the bacon.
(oohhh! extra flavor)
- 4OK .... now you can drain. :-)
Please note ... you may have to drain some of the fat in mid browning if there is too much - you decided based on your skillet.
- 5Add the Cream soups.
Please note ... you can use "regular" cream soups but these flavored one Really add to the recipe.
- 6Add 1/2 can water.
Stir completely to be sure soups and meat are completely incorporated.
- 7Pour into a 9x13 glass casserole
Top with Shredded cheese.
Top with tots until completely covered
- 8Bake at 350 until bubbly and the tots are golden brown.