- 2 c
- (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 to 4 Tbsp
- taco seasoning
- 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 medium
- head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium
- tomato, chopped
- green onions, sliced
- 1/2 c
- sliced ripe olives
- jalapeno peppers, sliced
- sour cream and salsa, optional
How to Make Taco Meatball Ring
- 1In a large bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, water and taco seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 16 balls.
- 2Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain meatballs on paper towels. Reduce heat to 375°.
- 3Arrange crescent rolls on a greased 15-in. pizza pan, forming a ring with pointed ends facing the outer edge of the pan and wide ends overlapping.
- 4Place a meatball on each roll; fold point over meatball and tuck under wide end of roll (meatball will be visible). Repeat. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- 5Transfer to a serving platter. Fill the center of the ring with lettuce, tomato, onions, olives, jalapenos, remaining cheese, and sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
5 points per serving