STUFFED UPSIDE DOWN CASSEROLE
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lbground beef
1 pkg(1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix - regular
1 can(s)(4 oz.) whole green chiles
1 largeplum tomato, cut into 7 round slices
2 pkg(8.5 oz. ea.) cornbread mix
1 can(s)(15 oz.) creamed corn
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
·sour cream and salsa for garnish
How to Make STUFFED UPSIDE DOWN CASSEROLE
- In a large skillet, brown the beef; drain. Stir in water and seasoning mix; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Spread the chiles apart and slice each chile lengthwise in half and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread mix, corn, water and eggs; stir well. Spread half the batter in a well-greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Top with the ground beef mixture. Cover with cheese. Spread the remaining batter over cheese.
- Arrange the chiles over the batter in a starburst pattern with a tomato slice in the center and the remaining six tomato slices alternating between the chiles, as in the picture.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cornbread comes out clean.