Stuffed Pepper Soup
For the beef broth in this recipe, I use College Inn's Bold Stock and it really jazzes up the beefiness and flavor...YUM! Or, if you prefer, you can use homemade beef broth. Also, in place of the tomato sauce, I have used 2 - 14 oz. cans of diced tomatoes (or stewed tomatoes) drained and pureed them in my Magic Bullet and it worked great.
This soup is so versatile, it's fun to create your own! I hope you enjoy it :-)
- 2 lb
- ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 2 qt
- (64 oz.) beef broth (or water)
- 1 can(s)
- 28 ounces, tomato sauce
- 1 can(s)
- 28 ounces, diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 - 3 c
- cooked rice
- 2 c
- chopped green pepper
- 2 tsp
- 2 - 3
- beef bouillon, cubes
- 1 tsp
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1Brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2Stir in the rest of the ingredients (except rice); bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until peppers are tender. During last 10 minutes, add cooked rice to heat through.
- 4Makes 10 - one cup servings.