Stuffed Pepper Casserole
My mom gave me a recipe for stuffed cabbage casserole, and I decided to try it with peppers that were too small for stuffing.
- 5-7 large
- bell peppers (red, green, yellow or orange, your choice) cut into strips
- 1- 11/2 lb
- ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 pkg
- dry onion soup mix
- 1/2-3/4 c
- raw rice (not minute rice, just white rice)
- 1 can(s)
- (family sized) cream of tomato soup
- 1 can(s)
- (soup can) of water
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 1Bring a 2 quart saucepan of water to a boil, and then add the pepper strips to the boiling water. Allow to boil for 3 minutes, and then drain. This keeps the peppers from tasting bitter when cooked.
- 2Put drained pepper strips into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, or a small roaster or 2 quart casserole dish; whatever you have on hand. I used a small roaster pan because that was the only thing I had available with a cover.
- 3Once this is done, brown your meat in the same pan you boiled the peppers in, and drain the fat out.
You May Also Like:
Show 3 Comments & Reviews