Stuffed Green, Yellow and Red Peppers
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- red,green and yellow peppers
- 1 lb
- ground chuck
- 1 lb
- ground round
- 1 large
- onion (chopped)
- green bell pepper (chopped )
- 3 large
- eggs (slightly beaten)
- 10 slice
- sleeve of keebler butter crackers(crushed )
- sleeve of ritz honey wheat crackers (crushed)
- salt and pepper
- 1 bottle
- 1-2 Tbsp
- dark brown sugar
How to Make Stuffed Green, Yellow and Red Peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Spray pan with pam cooking spray. Slice each slice of bacon in half and fry till it is starting to get limp and semi cooked. Take out , set aside and let it drain.
- 2Wash and dry peppers . Cut each pepper in half , clean and seed. Put in boiling water to soften the pepper a little. Cook for a about 10 minutes or so. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Take out ,drain and let dry before stuffing .(I dry mine out with paper towel). Put peppers in casserole pan.
- 3In a large bowl crumble ground chuck and ground round ,salt and pepper together . Mix in eggs and half of bottle of ketchup ,onion and green pepper .Mix this until it is blended , add in a little of both crackers till it begins to hold together , yet still sticky. You can add more crackers if needed or more ketchup.
- 4Mix rest of ketchup with brown sugar for topping at the end of cooking , about the last 5 minutes or so.
- 5Stuff peppers and top with partially cooked bacon . Cover with foil for about 30 minutes, uncover and continue to cook till done. Take out and put ketchup mixture on top of each pepper and cook a few more minutes. You will need to test to see if done..