Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 3 can(s)
- tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can(s)
- small can of chicken broth
- small can stewed or chopped tomatoes with juice
- envelopes of lipton or knorr dried vegetable soup mix
- 1 c
- of cooked rice, minute rice or steam-able rice, see instructions below
- 1 pkg
- shredded cabbage or cole slaw mix
- small onion diced
- fresh minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- 1In a large stock pot or dutch oven, brown ground meat with onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Drain the meat and return to large stock pot.
- 2Add the tomato soup, broth, tomatoes, soup mix and the cabbage. On low heat, cook until the cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes, stirring so not to scorch.
- 3In the last fifteen minutes of cooking, add the cooked rice. If using instant rice, add in the last half hour of cooking. I use the frozen steam in bag rice, small package. I steam as directed and add to the soup in the last fifteen minutes. I find this method the best. Add salt or pepper as needed. Continue to stir after rice is added. Enjoy!
- 4This can also be prepared in a crock pot, adding the rice as directed above. I have sliced Hillshire Farms polska keilbasa and added to this as well. Very good!
- 5NOTE: This soup with thicken due to the rice. Have broth on hand to add when reheating to thin the soup a bit. You can add more broth at the beginning of the cooking to extend the soup. If I add more broth, I add more tomatoes. You can add more broth, tomatoes, etc. to make a larger pot of soup. Soup is great in that way that you can add or change things around to your taste.