Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Because there is no way to drain off any excess fat as the cabbage rolls cook, it's best to use lean ground beef in this recipe.
- 1 large
- head cabbage
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 c
- instant rice, cooked and cooled
- medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- (10.75-oz) condensed tomato soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/2 c
How to Make Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1Cook cabbage in boiling water only until outer leaves fall off head. Reserve 14-16 large leaves for rolls and set remaining cabbage aside.
- 2In a bowl, combine beef, rice, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup soup; mix well. Place 2-3 tablespoons meat mixture on each cabbage leaf. Fold in sides, starting at an unfolded edge, and roll up leaf completely to enclose meat. Fasten with toothpick to secure.
- 3Cut reserved cabbage into wedges and place in a Dutch oven. Combine water and remaining soup; pour over cabbage wedges. Stack cabbage rolls on top of sauce. Cover and bring to a boil Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is done and rolls are tender.
- 4Remove rolls and cabbage. If desired, reduce pan juices for gravy. Spoon sauce over rolls and cabbage.