Steak and Chorizo Taco's
- 2 lb
- thinly sliced steak
- 2 stick
- chorizo (mexican sausage)
- 1/3 c
- cilantro, fresh (finely chopped)
- dozen flour or corn tortillas
- 2 c
- shredded lettuce
- 1 c
- queso fresco crumbled (mexican cheese)
- 1 c
- diced tomatoes or pico de galla
How to Make Steak and Chorizo Taco's
- 1Slice you steak very thinly and season with garlic salt and pepper. I use leaner steaks for this such as sirloin or strip steak. Heat frying pan over medium heat. When pan is hot add a couple of tablespoons of evoo. Add steak to the pan and cook until just browned. Do not overcook or steak will be tough. Remove from pan and drain on plate with a paper towel.
- 2Next in the same pan crumble and cook your chorizo over medium to high heat about 4-5 mins. Do not drain. Add your steak to the chorizo and it's juices. Add chopped cilantro mix and cover.
- 3Heat your tortilla's on both sides in another frying pan or over open flame on stove top. To keep tortilla's warm while cooking the others place cooked tortilla's in a folded kitchen towel or tortilla warming bowl if you have one.
- 4Top taco's with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes or a pico de gallo and enjoy. This also makes delicious burrito's . Using flour tortilla's roll meat, refried beans and cheddar cheese. Place in a baking dish and top with more cheddar cheese and bake until cheese is melted at 350 degree's. Top with lettuce and tomatoes if desired.