ST Paddy's Day Meat Loaf and Mash
Mary Ellyn Thomas
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 3/4 c
- dry gluten free soft bread crumbs i just used the ends of my gf loaves of bread.
- 1/2 bottle
- gluten free chili sauce, you can use any chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- each salt and pepper or to taste
- 2 lb
- russet potatoes
- 1/4 c
- coconut oil or 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c
- low sodium chicken broth
- 3 dash(es)
- green food coloring
How to Make ST Paddy's Day Meat Loaf and Mash
- 1Wash, peel and quarter potatoes Boil til done, test with a fork, drain, mash, add coconut oil (or butter if you're not watching dairy) and add chicken broth a little at a time till you get the consistency you want more or less. Add green food coloring. It whips up better if you use a mixer.
- 2While potatoes are cooking, mix thoroughly the first five ingredients by hand.Shape into meatballs about the size of the muffin pan you will be placing them into.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, Take out and using a turkey baster,pull the grease out of each meat loaf cup. Carefully lift out each loaf and place on a paper towel lined platter. Frost with the potatoes and place each in a cupcake paper, garnish with parsley if you like for a pretty presentation. (My husband always comments on the presentation). Enjoy!