South Of The Border Lasagna
1 boxlasagna noodles, cooked
1 1/2 lbground beef or ground turkey
14 1/2 ozcan diced tomato's
1 1/2 cpicante sauce
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 can(s)black beans, drained
1 can(s)green chilies, mild
2 cricotta cheese
8 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
8 ozmonterey jack cheese, shredded
How to Make South Of The Border Lasagna
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
.Boil Lasagna noodles until just barely firm in center. They will finish cooking in lasagna...Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef or turkey, drain . Add tomato's, picante sauce, taco seasoning, black beans and green chili's.
Simmer for 10 min.
- Grease a 13 X 9 casserole dish.
Put half of meat mixture in bottom of casserole dish. Top with noodles, then ricotta and cheddar. Add remaining meat mixture, top with noodles, ricotta and the Monterey Jack on top.
- Bake for 30 min. or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
Serve with sour cream if desired.
- The great thing about this recipe is it's versatility ! Add or take out anything you would like.
You can also make this healthier by using the ground turkey and reduced fat cheeses !
I serve mine on a small bed of lettuce with chopped tomato's, salsa and black olives.