★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 1/2 lb
- chuck roast
- 1 jar(s)
- goya sofrito(jar)
- 1 1/2 c
- instant brown rice
- 2 can(s)
- low sodium black beans
- 1/2 c
- each of finely chopped onions,green peppers, and celery
- 4 c
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Sofrito Black beans,rice & beef in Slowcooker
- 1Saute vegetables until softened, then add to slowcooker.
- 2Pour 3/4 of jar of Sofrito into slowcooker, and add water. Whisk until blended.
- 3Salt and pepper both sides of roast. Add Roast to slowcooker. Cook on low for approx. 6-7 hours.
- 4When roast is cooked per meat thermometer, remain from cooker.
- 5Add rice, and drained and rinsed beans to cooker and stir.
- 6Cut up roast in to big chunks and add back to cooker. Stir until all is covered with liquid.
- 7Bump temp on cooker up to high and cook for one hour. After one hour turn off, cool and eat.