★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 lbchuck roast
1 jar(s)goya sofrito(jar)
1 1/2 cinstant brown rice
2 can(s)low sodium black beans
1/2 ceach of finely chopped onions,green peppers, and celery
How to Make Sofrito Black beans,rice & beef in Slowcooker
- Saute vegetables until softened, then add to slowcooker.
- Pour 3/4 of jar of Sofrito into slowcooker, and add water. Whisk until blended.
- Salt and pepper both sides of roast. Add Roast to slowcooker. Cook on low for approx. 6-7 hours.
- When roast is cooked per meat thermometer, remain from cooker.
- Add rice, and drained and rinsed beans to cooker and stir.
- Cut up roast in to big chunks and add back to cooker. Stir until all is covered with liquid.
- Bump temp on cooker up to high and cook for one hour. After one hour turn off, cool and eat.