Smothered Hamburger Steak
2 lbground beef
1 tspea. garlic gran., onion, gran., blk pepper
·pinch coarse sea salt
1/2 tspworchestshire sauce
2 cmushrooms, 1/2 c chopped, 1 1/2 c sliced
1/2 ccelery, finely chopped
2 conion, 1/2 c finely chopped, 1 1/2 c sliced
2-3 cbeef broth, homemade or low sodium
How to Make Smothered Hamburger Steak
- Note: If using lean ground beef, you may want to add a couple TBLS of olive oil to the meat to keep it moist during cooking.
- Place 1/2 chopped mushrooms, & 1/2 c. finely chopped onions, 1/2 c. finely chopped celery & 1 tsp of olive oil in microwavable bowl. Stir ingredients to lightly coat veggies with O.O. Microwave for 2 min. or till nice & tender. Cool.
- Mix together ground beef, seasoning & micro veggies. Form into oval shaped patties. Fry in skillet till done. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet used to cook patties, add 2 TBL of olive oil & saute 1 1/2 c of sliced onions & mushrooms till tender. Remove from skillet. Add alittle more olive oil if needed, add 1/2 c flour & make a roux, scraping bottom of pan to release the yummies, add alittle salt & pepper if desired. Cook on med heat for a couple of minutes to brown roux. Add beef stock stirring till thickened, return sauted onions & mushrooms to pan, mix in.
- Place patties over a slice of toasted bread, cover with gravy, also great on mashed potatoes.