SLOW 'N' EASY SAUERBRATEN
1(3 to 4 lb.) rump roast
1 cwhite vinegar
1 mediumonion, sliced
1 Tbspolive oil
15gingersnaps, finely crushed
How to Make SLOW 'N' EASY SAUERBRATEN
- Place the roast in a large resealable plastic freezer bag. Combine water and next 8 ingredients; pour over meat. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove meat from marinade, reserving 1-1/2 cups marinade; discard remaining marinade and bay leaves. Pat meat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until thoroughly browned. Transfer beef to a 5-quart oval slow cooker; pour reserved marinade over meat.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 7 to 8 hours or until tender. Transfer roast to a serving platter, reserving juices in slow cooker; keep roast warm.
- Add crushed gingersnaps to juices in slow cooker. Increase to HIGH setting; cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until gingersnaps are dissolved and gravy is thickened. Stir well. Serve roast with gravy.