SLOW 'N' EASY SAUERBRATEN
I've had this recipe in my files for awhile and it sounds "sooo good," to quote Mr. Food. Typical sauerbraten recipes usually require a lot of work and time, but this one is relatively simple.
How to Make SLOW 'N' EASY SAUERBRATEN
- 1Place the roast in a large resealable plastic freezer bag. Combine water and next 8 ingredients; pour over meat. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- 2Remove meat from marinade, reserving 1-1/2 cups marinade; discard remaining marinade and bay leaves. Pat meat dry with paper towels.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until thoroughly browned. Transfer beef to a 5-quart oval slow cooker; pour reserved marinade over meat.
- 4Cover and cook on LOW setting 7 to 8 hours or until tender. Transfer roast to a serving platter, reserving juices in slow cooker; keep roast warm.
- 5Add crushed gingersnaps to juices in slow cooker. Increase to HIGH setting; cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until gingersnaps are dissolved and gravy is thickened. Stir well. Serve roast with gravy.
About SLOW 'N' EASY SAUERBRATEN
You May Also Like:
Show 5 Comments & Reviews