- 2 lb
- boneless chuck roast
- 1 pkg
- hidden valley ranch dressing (dry)
- 1 pkg
- au jus gravy mix
- red onion
- 1 large
- carrot cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery ribs
- fresh ground pepper (optional)
- 1 stick
- pepperoncini peppers
- yukon gold potatoes small
How to Make Slow Cooked Chuck Roast
- 1Place roast in a slow cooker. Rub all surfaces of the chuck roast with the dry Au Jus Mix. Sprinkle the remaining on top.
- 2Sprinkle the ranch dressing across the top of the roast
- 3Place butter in the middle of the roast and surround it with the peppere
- 4Cook on high for two hours
- 5Add the vegetables sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Set cooker on the low setting and continue to cook for three hours, check for doneness and continue cooking as needed.