Skillet Fried Steaks
How to Make Skillet Fried Steaks
- 1Marinate the steaks in the buttermilk for one hour
- 2Mix the flour and peppercorn gravy mix..Dredge the steaks until completely covered..set aside to rest
- 3Heat oil medium high in a cast iron skillet. You want enough oil to cover half way up the sides of the steak
- 4Drop steaks into oil..Leave alone..do not turn..for a medium rare steak mine took 5 minutes per side
- 5Test for doneness..
- 6take out and let stand on a wire rack while making gravy using the flour from the breading of the steak.