- 6 large
- green bell peppers
- 1 box
- dirty rice box mix (zatarains)
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes,well drained
- 1 medium
- fresh zucchini, diced
- 1 lb
- ground meat of your choice:beef,turkey.chicken
- 1-2 can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1 c
- fresh or frozen or canned corn
How to Make shortcut stuffed peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F
- 2Brown ground beef, drain. Make Dirty Rice as directed on the package. Mix in zucchini, tomatoes & corn into the mixture. Simmer on low for as long as the package directs.
- 3Wash peppers, cut off tops & scoop out seeds. Boil in a large (stock pot, dutch oven) pot of water for about 5 minutes. Reserve tops of peppers - they don't need to boil.Drain well.
- 4Lightly stuff each pepper so each pepper has an even amount.Place in a large baking pan. Pour tomato sauce over the stuffing, then cover each pepper with the raw pepper tops. Douse these liberally with tomato sauce, can use tomato juice or V8 instead.
- 5Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
**** if you use a microwave safe dish, these can bake in the microwave for 25-30 minutes, uncovered, at full power. Great during the summer - no heating up the oven!