How to Make Savory Roast Beef
- 1Set oven to 350. Place beef in a roaster pan and seson with salt, pepper, and meat tenderizer. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 2In a bowl, stir in mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and water. Wisk until blended. Pour this mixture over roast.
- 3Place in oven (350). After one hour, turn oven down to (325) for another hour. Check to see if water has reduced too much. Add water if needed. For the last 2 hours, cook at (300). Check for water reduction and add water if needed.
- 4Take out of oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
- 51.Pull the meat apart and serve over 1-2 pound of buttered noodles,
2.Or slice roast and serve with mashed potatoes.
3.Also, if you prefer pot roast, you can add 8 peeled and quartered potatoes and 1 lb. fresh carrots. Cook at (325) for 3-4 hours. Check for water reduction and add water as necessary.