Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers
6 largebell peppers, any color
1 lbground beef
2 ccooked rice (i use brown rice)
2 cmild chunky salsa
1 1/2 cfrozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1 can(s)black beans, drained & rinsed
1 largeavocado, peeled, pitted and diced small
2 cshredded monterrey jack cheese
1/2 tspcilantro, dried
1/2 tspchili powder
1/8 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the stem end of the peppers to remove a thin cap.
- Carefully remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse the peppers and dry. * If needed very thinly slice the bottoms so the pepper will stand up.
- Place the beef in a skillet and brown it, stirring to break it up as you do. Thoroughly drain the grease. Return the beef to the skillet.
- Add the garlic powder, chili powder and cilantro. Stir to mix well. Cook 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add the salsa, corn, black beans and rice. Mix well.
- Gently stir in avocado. Add the cheese and stir to mix.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish. Even fill each with the beef mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes or until the peppers are tender.