Runza Buns with a Mexican Flare
How to Make Runza Buns with a Mexican Flare
- Prepare dough per instructions on the bag. I use the shortcut method, it works really well.
- About an hour before dough has completely risen, begin to brown ground beef in a large pan, and drain well.
- Add Old El Paso Taco seasoning per package ingredient directions.
- Roll out dough and cut to about 5" squares. If you use Rhodes rolls you can do them individually.
- Place about 1/3 cup of meat mixture into square and top with cheese.
- Pull edges of dough around filling and pinch to close.
- Place on a large sprayed baking sheet, pinched side down. Bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes.
- Once cooled, wrap in foil and freeze. Reheat in the microwave.