Round Steak with Rich Gravy
This woman could take a piece of round steak and make it so tender, you had no idea you weren't eating a finer piece of beef!
How to Make Round Steak with Rich Gravy
- 1Sprinkle one side of meat with half the flour; pound in. Repeat on other side. Cut meat into 6-8 serving pieces.
- 2Melt shortening in large skillet. Brown meat in shortening over medium heat--about 15 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle onion soup over meat. Mix water and mushroom soup; pour over meat.
- 4Cover tightly; simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 5Remove meat; keep warm. Heat the gravy in the skillet to boiling, stirring constantly; if you care to add cooked mushrooms, do it in this step.
- 6Pour the gravy over the meat and serve.