Rocky Sunrise Bacon and Egg Burger
He spent some time in Iceland when he was in the Navy, and it seems the people there like fried eggs on their burgers.
Well it does seem odd, but you now that egg makes the burger luxurious.
1 lbground chuck
1/2 lbground sirloin
5 slicebacon, cooked crisp, and crumbled, reserve bacon fat
7 largeeggs, eggs ,one to beat in with burger, the other 6 reserve
1 ozpacket ranch dip mix
5 mediumscallions, chopped, green parts too
1/2 citalian bread crumbs
1/2 tspblack pepper
8 ozsmoked rombol cheese
6 largecrusty rolls
How to Make Rocky Sunrise Bacon and Egg Burger
- In a large bowl combine the meats, bacon, scallions, ranch dip, bread crumbs,one egg,and pepper. The dip makes it salty enough, so I don't add salt here.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Grill over med high heat until medium rare.
- Last 5 minutes of cooking, toast buns, place a slice of Smoked Rombol on top to melt.
- Fry eggs yolks soft set in reserved bacon fat.
- Spread buns with mayo, top with a burger, then fried egg, and your choice of topping
- The name?
All I could think of when I see the name Rombol is Rocky Balboa, Rombol.... Oh never mind, the burger is just lucious!