Quick and Easy Salisbury Steak
- 1 large
- 1/2 c
- dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- minced dry onion
- 1/2 c
- tomato juice (i always use v-8 in place of tomato juice when tomato juice is called for in recipe's)
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 pkg
- dry mushroom gravy
- 1 can(s)
- 16 oz mushrooms, drained and reserving juice. (optional)
- 1 c
- water, enough to add to the reserved mushroom juice to make 1 cup. or just use 1 c. of water if not using mushrooms.
How to Make Quick and Easy Salisbury Steak
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Shape into 4 oblong patties. Brown in a non-stick skillet, turning to brown both sides. (I use an electric skillet).
- 2Add enough water to reserved mushroom juice to make 1 cup, if using. Mix with gravy mix and pour over patties in pan. (I like a lot of gravy so I use 2 pkgs. Be sure to double your liquid if you are making extra gravy.) Add mushrooms, if using. Stir gently as not to break the patties.
- 3Cover and simmer for 20 minute's. Serve.