- 8 ounce sirloin steak
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- garlic cloves, chopped
- bay leaves
- 1 c
- dry white wine
- packet dry gravy mix
- 1 Tbsp
- pimenta moida (crushed red pepper) - or to taste
- fried eggs
- slices large roasted red pepper
How to Make Portuguese Steak
- 1leave meat out to room temperature. season with salt & pepper. leave to tenderize (approximately 2 minutes)
- 2rub red wine vinegar on meat
- 3pour olive oil in skillet. when hot place meat in pan. add garlic, crushed red pepper, and one bay leaf to each steak. Add more oil if needed
- 4sear meat 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- 5meanwhile, in a separate pan, fry 2 eggs (over medium)
- 6add your wine, then whisk in your dry gravy mix a little at a time.
- 7reduce the sauce to desired consistency.
- 8place roasted peppers and fried egg on top of meat. this dish is traditionally served with rice and fries.