28 ounce sirloin steak
·red wine vinegar
4garlic cloves, chopped
1 cdry white wine
1/2packet dry gravy mix
1 Tbsppimenta moida (crushed red pepper) - or to taste
2slices large roasted red pepper
How to Make Portuguese Steak
- leave meat out to room temperature. season with salt & pepper. leave to tenderize (approximately 2 minutes)
- rub red wine vinegar on meat
- pour olive oil in skillet. when hot place meat in pan. add garlic, crushed red pepper, and one bay leaf to each steak. Add more oil if needed
- sear meat 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- meanwhile, in a separate pan, fry 2 eggs (over medium)
- add your wine, then whisk in your dry gravy mix a little at a time.
- reduce the sauce to desired consistency.
- place roasted peppers and fried egg on top of meat. this dish is traditionally served with rice and fries.