Poblano Stuffed Round Steak
Working gals, you can fix this the night before, or at least pound out meat and stuff peppers.
- 3 lb
- round steak or flank steak, or even chicken breasts. if you are using chicken you need 4 large breasts
- 4 large
- poblano peppers about 4 inches long
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/3 c
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 oz
- pepper jack cheese, 2 slices cut in half, plus extra for garnish
- 5 oz
- cream cheese
- 3 oz
- chorizo, casing removed
- 2 tsp
- fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro, chopped, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- each, salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- salsa verde (green salsa), plus extra to eat with later
How to Make Poblano Stuffed Round Steak
- 1Put olive oil in pan and saute the onion until translucent, add garlic, cook a minute more, add chorizo, and cook until cooked through.
- 2In a big bowl put the cream cheese, dump the chorizo mixture over and stir to combine. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper
- 3Remove stems from poblanos, (you cold use anaheims if you like they are not so spicy). Slit pepper from top to bottom and remove seeds and veins. We like spicy, so I just leave them in.
- 4Line each pepper with a half slice of pepper jack cheese, then stuff with 1/4 chorizo mixture.
- 5You want 4 pieces of steak each big enough to go around a pepper when pounded out. Maybe from 3/4 to a pound.
- 6Put each piece of steak in a zip lock bag, and pound out until big enough to go around the pepper.
- 7Put a stuffed pepper in the middle of your piece of steak, seam side down.
- 8Roll steak around the pepper, secure with butchers twine. At this point you can cook, or cook the next day.
- 9Put a disposable slow cooker liner in your cooker, put steaks in, and pour the salsa over.
- 10Cover, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
- 11We like this with yellow rice and sour cream and diced pepper jack cheese on the side.