Philly Steak Subs
- 2 lb
- shaved beef
- 1-1/2 can(s)
- campbells french onion soup
- julienned green pepper
- sliced onion
- 1-2 Tbsp
- butter for sauteing vegs & buns
- sub buns or any large roll you like
- 4 slice
- provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1 can(s)
- 1 dash(es)
- garlic salt
How to Make Philly Steak Subs
- 1Put the french onion soup and 1 can of water in a large pot and add the shaved beef (I have also used very thin sliced steak, Bring to just barely a boil and reduce heat to simmer & cover for at least 45 minutes or until tender enough.
- 2Meanwhile chop your veggies and saute them in the butter until transparent, set aside.
- 3Butter your rolls and sprinkle a little garlic salt on them, broil until golden brown.
- 4Remove lid from the beef and let it reduce if needed until the soup is a thick sauce. Spoon a generous amount onto each bun and top with the grilled veggies and then the cheese.
- 5Put under the broiler again just until cheese melts. Enjoy!