Philly Steak Subs
2 lbshaved beef
1-1/2 can(s)campbells french onion soup
1-2julienned green pepper
1-2 Tbspbutter for sauteing vegs & buns
4sub buns or any large roll you like
4 sliceprovolone or mozzarella cheese
1 dash(es)garlic salt
How to Make Philly Steak Subs
- Put the french onion soup and 1 can of water in a large pot and add the shaved beef (I have also used very thin sliced steak, Bring to just barely a boil and reduce heat to simmer & cover for at least 45 minutes or until tender enough.
- Meanwhile chop your veggies and saute them in the butter until transparent, set aside.
- Butter your rolls and sprinkle a little garlic salt on them, broil until golden brown.
- Remove lid from the beef and let it reduce if needed until the soup is a thick sauce. Spoon a generous amount onto each bun and top with the grilled veggies and then the cheese.
- Put under the broiler again just until cheese melts. Enjoy!