Peruvian Minestrone Soup
This recipe is very forgiving so season to taste.
You can eat it plain but we usually add a splash or two of evaporated milk to each soup bowl and sprinkle parmesan cheese to create a creamier texture.
I will add a picture the next time I make it!
- top round london broil
- baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 c
- feta cheese
- 3 pkg
- 32 oz, (liquid) beef broth
- 1 small
- red onion (1 tbsp of onion powder)
- 2-3 pkg
- goya sazon con cilantro & achiote
- salt and pepper to taste (i cook without added salt)
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder (or fresh garlic to taste)
- 1 pkg
- frozen mixed vegetables (as much as you like; i put in all)
- 1 pkg
- penne pasta
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk (optional)
- sprinkled parmesan (optional)
- oil to cook onion and brown meat
How to Make Peruvian Minestrone Soup
- 1Clean London Broil and cut along the short side 1"-1 1/2" thick slices. Chop onion. Set Aside.
- 2Clean spinach and place into blender with feta cheese and a little beef broth. Blend until liquified.
- 3Pour a small amount of oil (I prefer olive, but any cooking oil is fine) into the pot. enough to cover the bottom of your pan. Soften the onion (don't brown) along with all spices(sazon,onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper) for about 1 minute.
- 4Add beef slices and braise the meat. When the meat is browned, add the spinach mixture and remaining beef broth. Bring to a boil. Lower to a medium flame. Cook approx. 1 hour.
- 5Add penne pasta and cook soup and pasta another 10 minutes. Serve in soup dishes. For creamy texture, add a little evaporated milk to the soup and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 6Stir and enjoy!