1 1/2 lbround steak (sliced in thin strips)
1 mediumonion (sliced)
2 clovegarlic (minced)
2green bell peppers (cut in strips)
1 can(s)diced canned tomatoes (any style)
1 can(s)beef broth (reserve 1/4 cup)
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbspcorn starch
How to Make Pepper Steak
- Cut 1 1/2 pounds of round steak into thin strips. Toss meat with paprika and set aside.
- Slice onion , peppers and mince garlic. Set aside.
- Open canned tomatoes. Open beef broth and reserve 1/4 cup in a small jar or bowl and add the soy sauce. Mix in or shake in jar with the cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a small dutch oven or pan, melt the 2 T. of margarine over medium heat. Brown the steak.
- Add the onion, garlic, peppers, tomatoes and beef broth, keeping the reserved broth and soy sauce mixed with cornstarch for thickening at the end.
- Cook for awhile till it comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on medium low for about an hour, stirring occasionaly till beef is tender and peppers are cooked (not mushy).
- Turn up heat, remix reserved broth and add to pepper steak till thickened. Serve over batch of white rice or egg noodles.
- Tip: If you have pans that have a tendency for sticking or you just don't feel like watching over it, throw in a roaster at 350* for an hour. Sprinkle with more soy sauce to taste if desired. Enjoy! :)