Paprika Spiced Pot Roast with Sour Cream Gravy
This recipe is very flavorful and filled with lots of onions, roasted peppers and mushrooms.
When the beef is all eaten, this sauce is so good that my family asks me to serve any leftover sauce and vegetables with noodles (they actually never even miss the beef :)
* I took the photo of the dish before I stirred in the sour cream, so that you could see the vegetables clearly..
- 8 Tbsp
- hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 3 lb
- sirloin beef tip roast
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 large
- onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 c
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 oz
- jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 15 1/2 oz
- can diced tomatoes
- 2 c
- beef stock
- 1/2 c
- dry red wine
- 2 c
- sour cream
How to Make Paprika Spiced Pot Roast with Sour Cream Gravy
- 1Spray the inside of a 3 1/2 quart crockpot with a non stick cooking spray.
- 2Remove any fat from the roast. Rub 3 TBSP paprika and black pepper onto the beef.
- 3In a large skillet, heat olive oil to a high heat. Sear beef till well browned, on all sides.
- 4Remove the roast from the skillet and place into the prepared crockpot.
- 5Add the onions and butter to the skillet. Add 5 TBSP paprika, stirring frequently. Cook until onions are nicely browned; add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- 6Spoon the onion mixture onto the roast. Top with the mushrooms, roasted peppers and the tomatoes.
- 7Add the beef stock to the skillet, simmer and scrape any bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- 8Simmer until the stock is reduced by half. Pour the stock and wine over the beef.
- 9Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until roast is tender.
- 10Remove the roast and vegetables from the crockpot. Pour liquid into a large skillet, stir and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- 11Whisk in the sour cream until smooth.
- 12Slice the roast and place the roast and vegetables back in the crockpot.
- 13Pour the sour cream gravy over the beef and keep warm until ready to serve.
- 14Serve with noodles or mashed potatoes.