Paprika Spiced Pot Roast with Sour Cream Gravy
This recipe is very flavorful and filled with lots of onions, roasted peppers and mushrooms.
When the beef is all eaten, this sauce is so good that my family asks me to serve any leftover sauce and vegetables with noodles (they actually never even miss the beef :)
* I took the photo of the dish before I stirred in the sour cream, so that you could see the vegetables clearly..
★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 Tbsphungarian sweet paprika
1 tspblack pepper
3 lbsirloin beef tip roast
1 Tbspolive oil
4 largeonions, sliced
3 clovegarlic, minced
2 csliced fresh mushrooms
12 ozjar roasted red bell peppers, drained
15 1/2 ozcan diced tomatoes
2 cbeef stock
1/2 cdry red wine
2 csour cream
How to Make Paprika Spiced Pot Roast with Sour Cream Gravy
- Spray the inside of a 3 1/2 quart crockpot with a non stick cooking spray.
- Remove any fat from the roast. Rub 3 TBSP paprika and black pepper onto the beef.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to a high heat. Sear beef till well browned, on all sides.
- Remove the roast from the skillet and place into the prepared crockpot.
- Add the onions and butter to the skillet. Add 5 TBSP paprika, stirring frequently. Cook until onions are nicely browned; add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon the onion mixture onto the roast. Top with the mushrooms, roasted peppers and the tomatoes.
- Add the beef stock to the skillet, simmer and scrape any bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Simmer until the stock is reduced by half. Pour the stock and wine over the beef.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until roast is tender.
- Remove the roast and vegetables from the crockpot. Pour liquid into a large skillet, stir and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Whisk in the sour cream until smooth.
- Slice the roast and place the roast and vegetables back in the crockpot.
- Pour the sour cream gravy over the beef and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve with noodles or mashed potatoes.