Pan Seared New York Strip
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2new york steak, fat trimmed (1-1 1/2” thick cuts )
1-2 tspmontreal steak seasoning
2 Tbspbutter, cold
2 sprig(s)thyme, leaves
1 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Pan Seared New York Strip
- 1. Rinse steaks and pat them dry.
- 2. Add 1 1/2tsp Worcestershire to the one side.
- 3. Add half of the seasoning and press down.
- 4. Flip the steak and add the remaining Worcestershire and seasoning.
- 5. All to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 6. Preheat oven to 400f.
- 7. Place a cast iron pan or stainless (oven safe) pan (NOT NON STICK!), over medium high heat.
- 8. Drizzle the olive oil onto the steak and flip to get all sides coated.
- 9. When the pan is super hot (add a few drops of water to it. If they dance around and evaporate almost immediately then you’re good!) add the steaks. DO NOT FLIP yet.
- 10. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until a good crust forms.
- 11. Flip over and immediately shut off the heat.
- 12. Working fast add the sprigs of thyme and pats of butter on top.
- 13. Put the pan into the oven.