Pan Seared New York Strip
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- new york steak, fat trimmed (1-1 1/2” thick cuts )
- 1 Tbsp
- 1-2 tsp
- montreal steak seasoning
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, cold
- 2 sprig(s)
- thyme, leaves
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Pan Seared New York Strip
- 11. Rinse steaks and pat them dry.
- 22. Add 1 1/2tsp Worcestershire to the one side.
- 33. Add half of the seasoning and press down.
- 44. Flip the steak and add the remaining Worcestershire and seasoning.
- 55. All to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 66. Preheat oven to 400f.
- 77. Place a cast iron pan or stainless (oven safe) pan (NOT NON STICK!), over medium high heat.
- 88. Drizzle the olive oil onto the steak and flip to get all sides coated.
- 99. When the pan is super hot (add a few drops of water to it. If they dance around and evaporate almost immediately then you’re good!) add the steaks. DO NOT FLIP yet.
- 1010. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until a good crust forms.
- 1111. Flip over and immediately shut off the heat.
- 1212. Working fast add the sprigs of thyme and pats of butter on top.
- 1313. Put the pan into the oven.