☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
11 beef brisket. can use market-trimmed, cap-off, any fresh brisket
1 bottlechili sauce
2envelopes onion soup mix
How to Make Oven-braised brisket
- Trim excess fat from brisket if not trimmed at purchase. You want to leave a thin layer so it doesn't dry out during cooking.
- Place brisket in roasting pan, fat side up. Spread chili sauce over top of brisket. If it is a large brisket feel free to use additional bottle of chili sauce.
- Shake envelopes of soup mix and sprinkle evenly over the sauce-covered brisket. Drizzle the cola gently over the brisket. Cover with lid or foil.
- Place in 300 degree oven, covered. Cook for 3-4 hours, then check progress. Leave lid off at this point. Continue cooking, basting occasionally, until brisket can be pulled apart with a fork.
- When brisket is tender, remove to a platter and let stand 10-15 minutes. Skim grease from cooking liquid. Use as is for sauce/gravy or thicken slightly with flour or corn starch if desired.
- Cut brisket into slices. It may well just fall apart...that's okay too! Serve with the pan juices on the side and enjoy!